EGNOS webinar: free accuracy for mapping and GIS applications
In order to disseminate the capabilities of EGNOS for mapping and GIS applications, a webinar has been organised by EuroGeographics and the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency (GSA), with the collaboration of ESSP, the EGNOS service provider. The webinar will take place on 20 June 2018 (Wednesday) from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM CEST.
Online registration is required through the following link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5805763733036941058
The webinar aims at briefing users from mapping and GIS communities about EGNOS, the European free augmentation service that improves GPS accuracy up to sub-meter range. The webinar is open to all mapping and GIS users, from both private enterprises and public organisations.
The webinar can be of special interest to those people involved in GIS and mapping activities that required metre‑level accuracy, such as land administration, management of forests and parks, urban planning, environmental field campaigns, management of utility networks, inventory and control of assets, determination of perimeters and areas, etc. In addition, university students (surveying, geography, environmental sciences, etc.) as well as users of mapping and GIS devices for recreational purposes (geocaching, hiking, biking, etc.) can greatly benefit from this webinar.
The webinar will cover all the information needed to take the maximum advantage of EGNOS with your mapping and GIS equipment, from EGNOS basics to specific applications. For this purpose, the webinar session will be divided into the following parts:
- EGNOS basics (technical parameters, architecture)
- EGNOS benefits for mapping & GIS
- Facts and figures about GNSS receivers that support EGNOS
- EGNOS corrections via internet (EDAS)
EGNOS Applications domain
- The main applications
- Use cases/Success stories
- How to correctly configure GPS receiver
- EGNOS and mass market devices
- Information about helpdesk
The presenters will be:
- Reinhard Blasi, Head of High Precision Markets, European GNSS Agency (GSA)
- Alina Hriscu, Market Development Innovation Officer, European GNSS Agency (GSA)
- Sofía Cilla, Service Adoption Manager at ESSP SAS