EGNOS webinar recording - mapping and GIS applications
In order to disseminate the capabilities of EGNOS for mapping and GIS applications, a webinar has been organised by EuroGeographics and the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency (GSA), with the collaboration of ESSP, the EGNOS service provider. The webinar took place on June 20th 2018 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM CEST.
The webinar provided information to users from mapping and GIS communities about EGNOS, the European free augmentation service that improves GPS accuracy up to sub-meter range. The webinar was open to all mapping and GIS users.
The webinar can be of special interest to those involved in GIS and mapping activities that require metre‑level accuracy, such as land administration, management of forests and parks, urban planning, environmental field campaigns, management of utility networks, inventory and control of assets, determination of perimeters and areas, etc. In addition, students (surveying, geography, environmental sciences, etc.) as well as users of mapping and GIS devices for recreational purposes (geocaching, hiking, biking, etc.) can greatly benefit from this webinar.
The webinar covers all the information needed to take the maximum advantage of EGNOS with your mapping and GIS equipment, from EGNOS basics to specific applications. For this purpose, the webinar session was divided into the following parts:
- EGNOS basics (technical parameters, architecture)
- EGNOS benefits for mapping & GIS
- Facts and figures about GNSS receivers that support EGNOS
- EGNOS corrections via internet (EDAS)
- EGNOS Applications domain & success stories
- How to correctly configure GPS receiver
- Information about helpdesk
Please find below the recording from the webinar. For further information, you can download here the presentation used during the webinar.
The presenters were:
- Reinhard Blasi, Head of High Precision Markets, European GNSS Agency (GSA)
- Alina Hriscu, Market Development Innovation Officer, European GNSS Agency (GSA)
- Sofía Cilla, Service Adoption Manager at ESSP SAS