EGNOS improves the accuracy of GNSS signals and provides information on the reliability of positioning information. As a result, EGNOS plays an important role in the Road User Charging schemes in several EU Member States (e.g. Germany, Slovakia, Belgium…) and contributes to the precise localisation of vehicles involved in collisions or accidents within the scope of the pan-European eCall initiative.
The successful use of EGNOS in the tracking and tracing of hazardous goods transport across Europe contributes to a more efficient and effective response in the event of an emergency. Furthermore, the new generation of tachographs monitoring hauliers driving time will be enabled with EGNOS.
eCall - What you need to know:
- Regulation 2015/758 of the European Council ( dated 29 April 2015) concerning type-approval requirements for the deployment of the eCall in-vehicle system based on the 112 service
- Delegated Regulation (EU) 2017/79 of the European Commission ( dated 17 January 2017), which stipulates that all new models of passenger cars (M1) and light duty vehicles (N1) types must be equipped with eCall in-vehicle systems as of 31 March 2018
- Guidelines illustrating how the requirements stated in the eCall Regulation mentioned above might be translated in practice into a suite of test scenarios, acknowledging that several alternative testing configurations and implementations can be compliant with the EU Regulation.
EGNOS for the ROAD
EGNOS makes everyone's life on the road easier by:
- Providing better positioning precision
- Being available free of charge
- Enabling road traffic monitoring
- Supporting tolling operations
- Reducing congestion and pollution
- Contributing to driver´s safety
The new version of the EGNOS Service Implementation Roadmaps (v4.2) has been released and is now available at the EGNOS...
On 24-25 September 2019 at the ASI (Italian Space Agency) premises in Rome, the 9th EGNOS Annual Workshop aims at bringing...
A new release of the Service Definition Document (SDD) for the EGNOS Data Access Service (EDAS) has been published today!...
This report presents the EGNOS services performance during August 2019. The report contains global results for the reported period,...