EGNOS Documentation Subscription
Select the EGNOS subscriptions by e-mail you want to subscribe or unsubscribe.
All personal data are dealt with in compliance with Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data (Regulation (EC) 45/2001).
The following data protection information notice outlines the criteria by which the data is collected, managed and used in relation to each annual EGNOS Service Provision Workshops.
Identity of the controller:
Controller: GSA Executive Director
European GNSS Agency
170 00 Prague 7 – Holesovice
Departament of the Controller:
Controller: EGNOS Exploitation, Communications
Delegated controller: Head of EGNOS Exploitation Head of Communications
Identity of the Processor:
ESSP SAS (GSA contractor as EGNOS Service Provider - currently under contract GSA/NP/09/12)
18, Avenue Edouard Belin - BPI 602
31 401 Toulouse cedex 9 – France
Executive Director of EUROPEAN SATELLITE SERVICES PROVIDER SAS
Personal Data Protection Officer
Purpose of processing:
The purpose of the processing is the management/organisation of the event, including the following activitities:
- management of the lists for contacts, invitations, participants;
- distribution of the list of participants during the event or networking opportunity, unless if the data subject expressly asked not to appear in the list (by contacting the organisation team as explained in privacy notice);
- redaction of reports, distribution of reports, feedback on reports;
- follow-up actions related to the event;
- news and publications related to the event.
- Invitations to next events.
1 .Data necessary for the organisation and management of the event:
- obligatory data: name, surname, position, email address, phone number, organisation;
- optional data: country of the organisation.
2. Photos taken during the event when participating to public work sessions.
Legal basis: Activities in the frame of EGNOS Service Provision contract between GSA and ESSP and with data subject’s express consent (request to participate). Recipients of the data processed: 1. Persons which have access to the personal data on the basis of the ‘need to know’ principle to: a limited number of persons managing the organisation of the event among ESSP and GSA staff and, a limited number of persons working for companies providing support to ESSP activities as regards the organisation of the event or companies providing IT support or hosting services to ESSP. These recipients of the personal data concerned are bound by confidentiality clauses regarding the use, disclosure and protection of the personal data. 2. All the participants to the event will have access to the list of all the persons registered to the event and who do not have expressly asked not to appear in the list of participants (by contacting the organisation team as explained in privacy notice).
Lawfulness of processing:
The lawfulness of the processing is based on Article 5(d) of Regulation (EC) No 45/2001. Data subjects unambiguously give their consent by submitting the online participation form.
Information on the retention period of personal data:
Data are kept as long as follow-up actions to the event are necessary with regard to the purpose of the processing of personal data but no longer than 15 months from the date of the event.
Personal data are electronically stored in:
- ESSP mailbox -EGNOSfirstname.lastname@example.org: ESSP servers (France)
- Specific event Excel database: ESSP servers (France)
- EGNOS User Support website database: hosting services are sub-contracted to (a Spanish company). GMV is using Amazon's servers that are located in Europe. As such, even if it is not the intented purpose of the processing, there is a risk of transfer of the personal data to the USA. Appropriate protection of the data which migh be transferred is ensured as Amazon is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield (certification here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TOWQAA4).
Consent regarding photos
By registering to EGNOS Service Provision Workshop the participants give permission for European Satellite Services Provider (ESSP) and the European GNSS Agency (GSA) to use any photographs of them taken when participating to public work sessions, for promotional or other purposes, including in all types of publications or any form of communication via the Internet.
The participants agree that all such pictures as well as reproduction thereof shall remain GSA and ESSP’s property and may be archived and used as ESSP or GSA consider appropriate.
The participants understand that these images may appear publicly as part of ESSP’s corporate website, EGNOS User Support website and/or other EGNOS related marketing materials.
The participants waive any right to inspect or approve the photographs taken.
The participants understand that the photographs mentioned in this document will be used in a legitimate manner and are not intended to cause any harm or undue embarrassment to the parties involved.
The data subject’s rights:
- Data subjects have the right of access and rectification of their personal data at any time. Requests shall be addressed to ESSP Personal Data Officer : email@example.com
- Data subjects are entitled to lodge an appeal at any time with the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) at firstname.lastname@example.org should they consider that the processing operations do not comply with Regulation (EC) No 45/2001.
Please note that you can also receive notifications/alerts about planned and unplanned EGNOS Signal-In-Space outages and performance degradations by e-mail. For subscribing to these notifications you need to be registered in the EGNOS User Support website and select the corresponding notifications/alerts in your profile.